Central Park Pump Station
Central Park Pumping Station Electrification Project
Engineers: Greenly and Hansen / Rubinos & Mesia Engineers, Inc.
- Demolition of Existing Coal Facilities Including Coal Bunker and Coal Conveyor Belt
- Demolish Existing Railroad Siding
- Construction of a New Electrical Facilities Including ComEd Yard, Electrical Building, Three ComEd 12.47 kV Service Feeders, ComEd Primary Switchgear, Medium-Voltage Main Switchgear, Five Medium Voltage Variable Frequency Drives, and Motor Control Centers
- Convert Existing Pumping Station Built in 1899 from Steam Power to Electrical Power to Reduce Carbon Emissions
- Modifications to Existing Boiler Room and Construction of Emergency Power Generation System