Engineer: Metropolitan Water Reclamation District of Greater Chicago, Chicago, IL
Installation of the Central Boiler Facility
- 17,000 SF Central Boiler Building
- Four New Replacement Boilers to Heat Entire Plant
- New Steam Piping
- Boilers Fired by Natural and Digester Gas
- New Entrance Road and Parking Area
- Site Grading and Lighting
New Raw Wastewater Pumping Station and Appurtenant Facilities
- Design Capacity of 600 million gallons per day.
- New Screen Building containing five 10-foot wide screen channels, mechanically cleaned screens and three conveyor belts.
- New Pump Buildng contains 6 raw sewage pumps with 1500 HP motors and both 64″ and 96″ discharge piping and valves, new control rooms, locker rooms and showers.
- Both buildings are framed in reinforced concrete with precast concrete wall panels and roof, and include architectural, mechanical and electrical systems.
- New roads, walks, site grading and finishing, and site utilities to the new buildings.